Vocus Communications, a national telecommunications company, was founded in 2008 and headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Image: company website
The company initially was established as a business telecommunications provider. Currently, Vocus communications owns and operates (about 18 data centres) a significant part in Australia’s and New Zealand’s fibre network.
The company’s network experts are redefining what’s possible in our industry every day. The company has the following offerings to mid, large and corporate businesses:
• Dark Fibre
• IP WAN
Vocus's customers wanted more from their network, so that’s what they’ve given them. The company now has over
• 11,000 km of fibre optic cable laid and operational throughout Australia,
• 3000 on-net buildings connected to their network and
• 20,000 buildings classed as near-net.
Highly skilled technicians and network engineers run the operations teams at Vocus. They take pride in their extensive experience designing and building superior carrier-grade networks. In fact, most of them have worked for the other guys in that industry and have come to Vocus because they wanted to make more of a difference for their customers.
Subsidiaries of Vocus Communications include Eftel, Club Telco, iPrimus, Dodo Services, Amnet, aaNet, Macquarie Telecom, Planet Netcom etc. The company is quite known for providing high performance, availability and scalable solutions.
Awards and Recognitions:
• For years 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012, Vocus was placed in the fast 100 list of BRW.
• Vocus had attained a sixth position in 2011 for BRW fast starters list.