Basic skills are those skills which are essential for the person to be able to be fit into the job. The basic skills required for a job are communication, presentation, understanding customers, computing skills, mathematics, willingness to learn etc. These are necessary to ensure that the person has a certain iota of any job that he is going to enter.
1. Presentation & Communication: What matters in today’s world is how you present yourself & how you communicate to others. It could be both verbal as well as physical. What makes communication important is how you convince the clients when you are to market the products or services.
2. Understanding Customers: It is basically about focusing on what the customer wants, be in terms of value, services or skills. This also includes who the customers are, where the network lays, name, etc.
3. Basic Computing Skills: Given that we are now in a technologically dominated world, where computers are an important proposition, basic knowledge of processing software, editing software & the internet are most important.
4. Mathematics: This is about knowing the basic arithmetic. Reason being with every companies focusing on the finances part, it would help go a long run in achieving the balance sheet for the year.
5. Enthusiasm to learn: Most important about basic skills is that there needs to be a continuous learning mechanism in place. This is because even though basic skills are important, it is the need to acquire new skills which are important.
Thus along with the basic skills a knowledge of the organization, the sector, & the basic new technologies that are acquired are important in gauging the effectiveness of the person.