Training is an educational process which involves the sharpening of skills, concepts, changing of attitude and gaining more knowledge to enhance the performance of the employees.
Training is about knowing where you are in the present and after some time where will you reach with your abilities. By training, people can learn new information, new methodology and refresh their existing knowledge and skills. Due to this there is much improvement and adds up the effectiveness at work.
The motive behind giving the training is to create an impact that lasts beyond the end time of the training itself and employee gets updated with the new phenomenon. Training can be offered as skill development for individuals and groups.
Organizational Development is a process that “strives to build the capacity to achieve and sustain a new desired state that benefits the organization or community and the world around them.” (From the Organizational Development Network website).
Development is made to answer the training problems:
Training is meant for operatives
Development is meant for executives
It is reactive process
It is pro- active process
AIM: To develop additional skills
AIM: To develop the total personality
It is short term process
It is continuous process
OBJECTIVE: To meet the present need of an employee
OBJECTIVE: To meet the future need of an employee
Initiative is taken by the management
Initiative is taken by an individual.
Importance of Training and Development:
• Optimum utilization of Human resources
• Development of skills
• To increase the productivity
• To provide the zeal of team spirit
• For improvement of organization culture
• To improve quality, safety
• To increase profitability
• Improve the morale and corporate image
Reasons to go for Training and Development:
• When management thinks that there is a need to improve the performances of employees
• To set up the benchmark of improvement so far in the performance improvement effort
• To train about the specific job responsibility
• To test the new methodology for increasing the productivity
Browse definitions and meaning of more concepts and terms similar to Training and Development. The Management Dictionary covers definitions and overview of over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.