Work From home is a concept where the employee can do his or her job from home. Work from home gives a flexible working hour to the employee as well as the job for the employer is done with ease. Work from home is helpful to delivering work life balance to the employee, and also parallelly helps the company to get the work done. Nowadays, most of the employers are offering this option to their employees.
There are many advantages while working from home.
1. There is more job applicant for a particular job with certain people with location constraint or disabled people can apply for the job. Even parents with children who tend to leave job can be retained for the job.
2. There is more work life balance. Many people claim that a more quieter or friendly atmosphere is found at home which helps to concentrate on the work as well as they can complete the assigned work quickly.
3. There is a lot of savings with respect to cost of office infrastructure like spaces, electricity bills etc.
4. Employees feel motivated as they get a good work life balance, and improves their productivity
There are many disadvantages as well
1. There is always a major problem with monitoring the work.
2. The cost of technological infrastructure that is required for implementing the concept.
3. There is always a security problem with data being transferred and that can’t be monitored easily.
4. All jobs doesn’t is not suitable for work from home concept. Sometimes communication problem between employees makes it problematic for a job.
There are both advantages and disadvantages with this work from home concept. But still most companies are offering this to its employees and this has been a new trend these days. However some people think the ideal way should be splitting the week with some days working from home and other days visiting office, by doing that many of the pitfalls can be taken care of. So this depends on employers which procedure to follow.