Posted in Marketing and Strategy Terms, Total Reads: 548
Definition: Primary Audience
Primary audience is the main target audience who will receive the communication directly. When a business is developing an advertising agency it is pretty much necessary that the focus is on the customer behaviour, needs and characteristics of the product.
Defining the right audience is very important for any product or service. The demographics and psychographics helps in seeking the information about the people who should be the right audience for a given product. It is always recommended that the company choose its potential audience wisely as there is a huge investment of both time and money.
Approach to define Primary Audience
1. Analyse the product or service offering and find out whether it meets the customer’s need. Determine the unique characteristics of your product.
2. Though primary research can be expensive, it might help you to get answers to questions specific to your business. Start with secondary research. There are a lot of existing sources that can help you pull together information about your industry, the market, your competition, and the broad potential customer you have already identified.
3. Prepare a customer profile. Description about the customer based on the demographics and psychographics. Demographic information will help in identifying the type of person who will potentially buy your products and services based on age, sex, place etc. Psychographic information goes one step further and brings out why that potential customer may buy based on their past behaviour or changing lifestyle.
4. To track the customers their behaviour on social media websites is also important. Which e-mail they use. The percentage of your target audience using smartphones will enhance the marketing campaign.
5. Finally the company needs to monitor the performance from the current audience. The measures need to be defined to identify the trends, areas of improvements to improve the marketing of the product.