The Basics of Operations & Supply Chain course provides information about the core concepts of production, capacity, logistics, supply chain, quality & operational processes. The course is structured for simplicity of learning & covers important topics & an assessment. This course gives an overview of production, supply chain, TQM etc which is the foundation for any manufacturing or service company. The Basics of Operations & SCM course is an essential learning for entrepreneurs, business students, operations managers, manufacturers, service companies or anyone who is keen to learn operations management & supply chain. know more..
This Course Includes
- 6 Lessons
- 42 topics
- Concept Wise Progress
- Self Paced Learning
- Final Asessement Quiz
Steps to take this course
1. Start your course by reading the first topic in the course content below.
2. After reading, use the browser/device back button to return to this page & continue reading all topics in the same way.
3. After 100% completion, please take the assessment test.
Operations management is one of the key business functions, especially in the manufacturing & services sector. The essential business activities under operations management include demand planning, raw material procurement, production processes, capacity management, handly inventory, storing finished goods & even distributing them. Without operations management, even services industry would be lacklustre as concepts like JIT (just-in-time) are critical in day to day activities. This makes operations management a key pillar in business administration, and hence a structured course can help learn the fundamentals of supply chain.
Benefits of this Operations Course
This course on operations & supply chain management is useful for learning, understanding & evaluating how processes based on capacity, time, efficiency etc can help increase business productivity in manufacturing or services sector.
- CEOs or company heads can use this course as a quick guide to train their staff in the essentials of operations management. This can empower the workers to embibe the various processes to increase efficiency, reduce wastage & enhance productivity
- Services sector professionals can use it & identify key elements which can further streamline processes & improve inefficient activities for higher productivity.
- Students & aspirants of MBA operations can use this as a guide to strengthen their core concepts through the operations management course.
- Any entrepreneur looking to start a manufacturing firm will need to study, understand & implement all these concepts to ensure there is no additional costs & the company operates at a positive margin.