Top 10 Telecom Companies in India 2017

Posted in Top Brand Lists, Total Reads: 9642

The Indian telecom sector has grown rapidly and there has been a dynamic change in the last one year. The operations of the leading telecom companies in India have been disrupted by the emergence of Jio. With this, these biggest Indian telecom brands have ventured into offerings like unlimited calling & data plans, which has further pushed the adoption in the Indian telecommunication market. The top telecom companies in India include Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL, Jio etc. Here is the list of the top 10 telecom companies in India 2017 based on its subscriber base, revenues and net income.

Quick Glance at Top 10 Telecom Companies India 2017

1st place: Airtel

2nd place: Idea

3rd place: Vodafone

4th place: BSNL

5th place: Reliance Communications

6th place: Aircel

7th place: Jio

8th place: Tata Teleservices

9th place: Telenor India

10th place: MTNL

For More details about rankings and parameters, read on.

Largest Telecom Companies India Ranking with parameters(Subscribers, Revenues, Income):

10. MTNL

MTNL is a state-owned telecommunications company with operations in New Delhi, Mumbai and the island nation of Mauritius.

Image: pexels

It was founded on 1st April, 1986 and has its headquarters in New Delhi, India. The authorized capital of the Company is Rs800 crores, and the paid up share capital is Rs630 crores divided into 63 crore share of Rs10 each.


At present, 56.25% equity shares are held by President of India & his nominees and remaining 43.75% shares are held by FIIs, Financial Institutions, Banks, Mutual Funds and others including individual investors. MTNL has been given Navratna status in 1997 and was listed in New York Stock Exchange in 2001.

The corporate objectives of MTNL are:

• To expand customer base and services.

• To provide latest technology and services to the customers, at affordable prices.

• To achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and delight.

• To diversify in other areas for providing telecom services at national and international levels.

• To provide convergence of Telecom, Information Technology and related services.

• To improve productivity by training and redeployment of man-power.

• To work for social benefits.

Currently, MTNL has a subscriber base of approximately 7.09 million customers and a Total Revenue worth INR 30,003 million as per the financial reports of the Financial Year 2016-17.

Customer Base (in millions): 7.09

Total Revenue (Million): Rs30002.9

Net Income (Million): Rs-21317.2

Looking for Similar Lists, Browse more Top Lists

Share this Page on:
Facebook ShareTweetShare on G+Share on Linkedin