Marketing Strategy of Voltas analyzes the brand with the marketing mix framework which covers the 4Ps (Product, Price, Place, Promotion). These business strategies, based on Voltas marketing mix, help the brand succeed in the market. Let us start the Voltas Marketing Strategy & Mix to understand its product, pricing, advertising & distribution strategies:
The product strategy and mix in Voltas marketing strategy can be explained as follows:
Voltas is one of the leading consumer electronics and engineering solutions company in India. The product strategy in the marketing mix of Voltas focuses on end users as well as enterprise solutions. The Voltas company’s solutions and products are well categorised into many categories, which are discussed below:
1. Domestic project groups of Voltas include options for HVAC, public health engineering, fire protection and security systems, integrated building management system, mechanical and allied jobs, electricals and instrumentation, indoor air quality, cold chain and process refrigeration, water and sewage treatment.
2. International electrical and mechanical projects of Voltas includes high rise structures, flat structures, defence installations, industrial and infrastructure installations and public spaces. Its projects include Burj Khalifa (Dubai), Ferrari Experience (Abu Dhabi), Yas Marina F1 Racetrack (Abu Dhabi), Sidra Medical Centre (Qatar) and Barwa City (Qatar).
3. Voltas Water management and treatment services include services for design and engineering, project execution and field services.
Its products range from surface aerators, API Oil Separators, clarifiers, dissolved air floatation units, grit removal mechanisms, screens for debris, sludge thickener to screw pumps.
4. Textile machinery provides products for spinning, weaving, knitting, processing, finishing and accessories, non-woven and technical textiles.
5. Mining and construction equipment includes equipment for mining, construction, crushing and screening equipment, parts and logistics and overseas operations.
6. HVAC&R Products stands for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. Voltas caters these categories trough products for packaged and ductile spilt air conditioning, high performance packaged and ductable split units, energy efficient AC, micro-processor controlled ductable split units, inductor driven ductable split units, variable refrigerant flow system, chiller and condensing, vapour absorption, indoor air quality solution, Kitchen exhausts, UVGI system and air handling units.
7. Air Conditioners, Commercial refrigeration products and Water coolers and dispensers are also offered by Voltas.
Image: company website
Voltas Price/Pricing Strategy:
Below is the pricing strategy in Voltas marketing strategy:
Voltas deals with various products in different categories and it prices vary accordingly. For household items the prices are in the affordable range.
Also for industries it has maintained a nominal price strategy which is fairly justified through its quality standards. Voltas makes best use of the technology and its association with Tata group helps the customer to trust this brand more. Voltas provides value for money services and the customers don’t hesitate to pay even a slightly high price for some products. This gives an insight in the pricing strategy in the marketing mix of Voltas.
Following is the distribution strategy in the Voltas marketing mix:
Voltas has a widespread network for its manufacturing units and product offerings. It has a well-designed website which serves as the perfect catalogue for all kinds of customers. Voltas has its head office in Mumbai and zonal offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata. Its branch offices are in all major cities of India.
Internationally Voltas is located in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.
Voltas Promotion & Advertising Strategy:
The promotional and advertising strategy in the Voltas marketing strategy is as follows:
Voltas has a 360 branding in its marketing mix promotion strategy. Voltas follows Tata Code of conduct for its employees and associates. Voltas has a dedicated ‘Green” mission to minimise waste energy consumption and other sustainable practices. Also its CSR activities are spread across vocational and skill development, education, health and disaster relief typically in the vicinity of its manufacturing units. These activities help in promoting good ‘word of mouth’ and a good image as per the company’s mission and vision. Hence, this completes the Voltas marketing mix.
Voltas is a subsidiary of Tata group and TAS in its name is derived from it. Voltas was established in 1954 by Mr JRD Tata, as an industry which caters products for home appliances, engineering solutions like textile machines, HVCA, MEP, water and waste management, mining and construction equipment for industries. The business model of Voltas is divided into 3 broad categories:
• Electro mechanical projects
• Engineering services and products
• Unitary Cooling Solutions
Voltas has acquired ISO certifications for its high quality standards and it consistently strives to maintain that reputation of providing high quality products. Voltas has a widespread network in various countries specially the middle-east. It employees approximately 6000 employees as of 2015. All products of voltas are manufactured in well-designed and sustainable manufacturing units, major ones are located in Thane (Maharashtra), Dadra (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) and Pantnagar (Uttrakhand).
All its air conditioning products, refrigeration products, cooling devices, construction equipment are manufactured here. Voltas has always won accolades in terms of award and recognitions for its export services, performance and environment friendly and sustainable practices.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing strategy and 4Ps analysis of more brands similar to Voltas. The Marketing Strategy & Mix section covers 4Ps and 7Ps of more than 800 brands in 2 categories.