SWOT Analysis of Philips with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.
Lifestyle and well-being
Sense and simplicity
Improving people’s life through meaningful innovation
Consumer lifestyle, healthcare and lighting
Users of domestic appliances like TV, video games; Users of kitchen appliances; healthcare industry users of imaging systems, patient care and clinical informatics; Industry and domestic users of light;
Trusted brand committed to quality and innovation
1. Subsidiaries in more than 100 countries with more than 120,000 employees 2. Operates around 110+ production facilities
3. Has a very strong R&D portfolio, with 7 active R&D centers across the globe
4. Market leadership and strong brand equity - market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions with consistent growth rate in emerging market
5. Aligning operations with market conditions to increase productivity - Philips focused on de-layering its management structure to increase speed of execution and lower operating costs, resulted in improvement in efficiency
6. Customer loyalty is high for consumer electronics made by Phillips
1. Legal tangles tarnish brand image – With over 50 class action anti-trust complaints resulting in investigation against Philips like Lite-on digital solution, CRT division 2. Highly competitive market in electronic appliances from both local and international brands 3.Higher price quotient compared to competitors
1. Growth through the inorganic route is key to Philips 2. Increasing demand for sustainable and green lighting products 3. Growing presence in emerging markets like India and China
4. Push from various government and environmental activists for greener products indirectly promoting the products of Philips
1. Highly competitive business environment 2. Counterfeit goods - a major threat to manufacturers of branded electronics 3. Environmental and other government regulations
4. Exchange rate fluctuations
5. Availability of cheaper technology in local markets
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Philips. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.