SWOT Analysis of Amazon with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
Work hard. Have fun. Make history; Earths largest book store
Trusted brand providing online auction and shopping opportunities
Internet users who want to shop
Internet users relying on internet for shopping and other transactions from middle & upper middle class
Amazon is positioned as a global online market place which facilitates shopping through a customized user shopping experience
Amazon SWOT Analysis
1. Amazon is an early market entrant with brand equity
2. Integrated services like online ticket tracking, online money transfers etc give Amazon a huge edge
3. Vast customer base due to international presence
4. Amazon provides customized user shopping experience.
5. The company has over 33,000 employees in over 20 countries
6. Strong brand image of Amazon owing to excellent marketing and branding activities
7. Advertising through online, TVCs, print ads etc have increased brand presence of Amazon
1. Less presence in emerging markets as compared to competitors
2. Limited penetration of online shopping indirectly affects the sales
1. The markets devoid of internet and increasing internet can boost Amazon's presence 2. Customers reluctant in shopping online can be persuaded 3. Partnerships with corporate houses for bulk selling can help boost sale of Amazon
1. Amazon can be subjected to frauds 2. Risk of brand dilution by selling a very wide range of products 3. Newly emerging competitive online shopping portals
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amazon. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.