SWOT Analysis of Flipkart with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Flipkart Private Ltd (FPL)
Ecommerce - Online Retail-Apparel, Electronics and more
IT & Technology
The Online megastore
Wide variety of products across many segments
Customers who prefer online medium of shopping
Middle and upper-middle income online shoppers
One stop store to cater to all customer needs
1. Innovative advertisements featuring kids who portray the role of adults. This increases brand awareness and also expands the customer base of online shoppers.
2. Backed by global investors like Tiger Global, DST Global, and Naspers 3. Impressive list of acquisitions like Myntra.com, LetsBuy.com, Chakpak.com, AdiQuity etc 4. Exclusive tie-ups with brands like Motorola Mobility, Xiaomi led to very successful product launches
5. Venturing into product manufacturing. For eg- Digiflip tablets, Citron home appliances and health care devices
6.Strong logistic support of eKart
7. First billion dollar ecommerce company in India.
8. 25+ million registered users
9. Strong presence due to extensive advertising, marketing etc
1. Widespread criticism for the unsuccessful execution of Big Billion Day Campaign & prospective Airtel tie-up against net neutrality 2. Huge investment leading to losses over the years.
3. Acquisition of loss making firms can add to its burden.
1. Business expansion to other countries. 2.Foray into furniture and fresh product business to increase its breadth of product categories
3. Ever expanding internet penetration in India
4. Better online secure payments can instill more confidence in people to shop online
1.Global competitors like Amazon slowly making its foray in Indian online retail market
2. Investigations by authorities to check its FDI regulations compliance
3. Fluctuating economy and unfavorable market conditions & govt policies
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.