SWOT Analysis of Flipkart with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Flipkart Private Ltd (FPL)
Ecommerce - Online Retail-Apparel, Electronics and more
IT & Technology
The Online megastore; AB har wish hogi puri
Flipkart has a wide variety of products across many segments
Customers who prefer online medium of shopping
Middle and upper-middle income online shoppers
Flipkart is a one stop online store to cater to all customer needs
Flipkart SWOT Analysis
1. Innovative advertisements of Flipkart featuring kids who portray the role of adults. This increases brand awareness and also expands the customer base of online shoppers.
2. Flipkart is backed by global investors like Tiger Global, DST Global, and Naspers 3. Impressive list of acquisitions like Myntra, LetsBuy, Chakpak, AdiQuity etc 4. Exclusive tie-ups with brands like Motorola Mobility, Xiaomi led to very successful product launches
5. Venturing into product manufacturing For eg- Digiflip tablets, Citron home appliances and health care devices
6. Flipkart has a strong logistic support of eKart
7. Flipkart is the first billion dollar ecommerce company in India.
8. Millions of people are registered users with the brand
9. Strong presence of Flipkart due to extensive advertising, marketing etc
10. Good customer support like helpline, online feedbacks, product replacements etc
1. Huge investment leading to losses over the years hurts the brand image of Flipkart
2. Acquisition of loss making firms can add to its burden
1. Business expansion to other countries can be big boost for Flipkart 2. Foray into furniture and fresh product business to increase its breadth of product categories
3. Ever expanding internet penetration in India can be tapped by Flipkart
4. Better online secure payments can instill more confidence in people to shop online
1. Global competitors like Amazon making its foray in Indian online retail market can reduce Flipkart's market share
2. Investigations by authorities to check its FDI regulations compliance
3. Flipkart's business can be affected by fluctuating economy and unfavorable market conditions & govt policies
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Flipkart. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.