SWOT Analysis of Panda Express with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Panda Restaurant Group Inc.
Food and Beverages
Quality meals made with fresh and premium ingredients served fast and hot
Food and beverage restaurant chains
Youth and Adults from middle to upper income groups
A fine dining Chinese restaurant
1. It is the largest American Chinese restaurant chain in the United States 2. It has close to 1,700 plus restaurants located across all different states in the United States 3. Offers a variety of food along with combo meals 4. Panda Express is among the US's 25 largest quick-service operations and Asian quick-serve category
5. The chain was one of the earliest entrants into the supermarket arena
6. Strategically located in mall food courts and other non-traditional venues including airports, college campuses, and theme parks
7. It has a successful track record of making Asian cuisine accessible to the masses
8. Strong following among Asian, Hispanic, and Caucasian diners
9. Leveraged lovable pandas in their name
1. Restricted to one cuisine thus restricting its customer base 2. Specialty ingredients used in Chinese food might be difficult to source and store
3. Restricted in a few geographies means lower brand recall
1. There is a large Chinese base in the US leading to huge customer base 2. Venturing into newer markets 3. Introducing more items on its menu
1. Managing huge employee base can be an issue 2. Stiff competition from multi cuisine restaurants 3. Presence of strong competitors in the Chinese restaurant segment
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Panda Express. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.