SWOT Analysis of Waffle House with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Waffle House, Inc.
Food and Beverages
Good Food Fast
Combines speed of fast food with table service with around-the-clock availability
Food and beverages for Adults, Youth & Kids, Families
Working Adults , Students who who have hectic schedules and prefer quick service food options
low-rent roadside cafe featuring waffles
1. Unique attraction - The chain's restaurants almost always have a jukebox which plays 45 rpm singles - songs about Waffle House and its food
2. High brand recognition through alternative media streams - It has inspired country songs, comedy routines, loving editorials, a scene in the movie Tin Cup, even Web sites and Internet newsgroups that breathlessly post late-breaking developments.
3. High Customer Loyalty - Regular customers speak of its employees, its customs, and its food with near reverence.
4. Towering Presence - with more than 2,000+ locations across states in the United States.
5. Typically free-standing and open 24 hours a day.
1. No Advertising Spend and lacks a well developed marketing strategy
2. The brand is restricted to US with limited international brand recall compared to global food chains
1. Innovation on the menu front to include healthy food options for the weight - watchers
2. Offer services such as online ordering and home delivery to increase convenience for customers
3. Expanding the brand to global destinations and especially the emerging economies
1. Franchise model – makes it difficult to implement strict quality control and standardization practices
2. Increasing costs of operations means lower margins
3. Competitors expanding its presence can reduce the market share
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.