SWOT Analysis of Haigh's Chocolates with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Chocolates and Confectionary
Food and Beverages
Handmade at Haigh’s
Premium chocolate from the raw cocoa bean.
Young people and couples who buy chocolate for consumption and gifting.
A trusted Australian family owned company since 1915.
Making (hand-made) fine chocolates from the cocoa bean.
1. Strong brand legacy- Operating successfully since 1912.
2. Strong brand equity and high quality productsS 3. Presence in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
4. Wide variety of chocolates in attractive packages. (Milk chocolates, Dark Chocolates, Liquor chocolates, etc.)
5. Success of chocolate "Easter Bilby" as an alternative to the Easter Bunny.
6. Popular tours to the factory for the public, to see the making of chocolate.
1. Inability to expand business despite of many attempts leading to low market share
2. Couldn’t obtain certification from Fair Trade Foundation.
1. Developments in the direction of gift vouchers which are proving to be popular as corporate gifts and company reward programs.
2. Online selling and delivering (E-commerce platform)
3. Market development in rest of Australia and gradually at the global level.
1. Responding to increasing Health consciousness amongst people. 2. Maintaining good quality in perishable category is a challenge. (Whitening of chocolates and inadequate storage conditions hampers brand image.)
3. Strong Competition from other chocolate companies.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Haigh's Chocolates. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.