SWOT Analysis of O Neill with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Cross the Line between Sanity and Madness
Complete water-sportswear brand
Water sportswear brand
Urban upper middle class men and women
1.The brand has a legacy of half a century and is attributed to be the pioneers of the modern wet-suits which create a special place for the brand in this segment with it having a 60% share in surf-wear in the world. 2. The brand is present across the world through MBO’s with leading retailers with every retailer stocking up a particular category for the brand. 3. The brand’s Sea Odyssey program to educate youth about the maritime environment has been a great success. 4. The brand has diversified into various other clothing lines like casual wear thereby extending brand portfolio.
5. The brand is the biggest sponsor of sports events like Big Mountain Pro, World-Cup of Surfing.
1. The brand has not been able to make a great impact on overseas markets and is primarily big only in the American markets. 2.The brand does not have flagship stores or an online store which limits the long-time prospects
1. The brand can start an online store selling select merchandise online. 2. The brand can foray into overseas markets with exclusive stores which improves brand visibility. 3. The brand can start Sea programs like Odyssey in emerging markets.
4. The brand can outsource its production units in order to maintain the economies of scale in the long-run.
1. The brand faces the largest threat of environmental regulations which is a threat. 2. The brand also faces the dilemma of currency fluctuations across the world which can cause serious scale issues. 3.The recent slowdown in global markets can affect the sales in a big way.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to O Neill. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.