Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 9741
SWOT Analysis of Cosmopolitan with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
“Fun, Fearless, Female”
It is one of the oldest women’s magazine in the world
Housewives and working women
Housewives and working women belonging to upper middle class
A magazine that caters to all issues related to womanhood
1. The magazine was first published in 1886 and hence is one of the oldest women’s magazines in the world. 2. The magazine has a vast readership, it has a monthly circulation of more than 3 million copies in USA alone. 3. The magazine has strong distribution networks in USA as well as in other countries. 4. The magazine has 63 international editions in 32 languages and is sold in more than 100 countries worldwide.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
1. As it is a women’s magazine, the readership becomes quite limited. 2. The magazine has always positioned itself as a young women’s magazine which further limits the readership
1. If the magazine can manage the digital and social media space effectively its customer base will increase. 2. The range of issues covered in the magazine attracts both working women and housewives, which it can take advantage of.
3. If the local editions of the magazine stick more to the local flavor, the magazine can gain more popularity.
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive environment which contains several big brands. 2. Most of its competitors are cheaper or competitively priced as compared to Cosmopolitan. 3. A number of lifestyle channels have come up for women and they cater to the same customer base.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.