Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 1417
SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sigma is parent company to pharmacy retail brands: Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian
AMCAL- Expert advice for every Australian; Guardian Pharmacy – Advice. Trust. Care.
Australia’s partner of choice for health, beauty and wellbeing
People who looking for quality drugs at an affordable price, seekers of healthcare products
Healthcare professionals, wholesalers, generic distributors, and hospitals
Quality and affordable pharmaceutical products
1. Most trusted brand of Australia 2. Strong wholesale and distribution network 3. One of the fastest growing players by sales domestic consumer healthcare market, which deals with non-prescription products in the healthcare and wellness segment 4. Advanced technological support like pick-to-light (PTL) system and adapted voice-directed picking as part of their comprehensive logistics systems
5. It is the owner of the big retail brands Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian
1. Dependent on limited number of customers 2. The company may lose focus if they enter into different segments (personal care, well-being products) all together 3. The market is dominated (90% of market) by 3 major players – API, Sigma, and Symbion Health; gaining more market share is a difficult task
1. Awareness about healthcare is rapidly increasing, Sigma has a huge space to come up with healthcare and well-being products 2. It can divest pharmaceutical assets which could help the company in increasing its focus on core business 3.There is scope for development in areas of well-being and personal care. For example, Sigma’s key launch in 2013, Colour THEORY : selling high quality cosmetics which are only available at Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian pharmacies
1. Reforms in pharmaceutical pricing scheme namely PBS reforms can create trouble for the company 2. The margins of the company may be hurt because of PBS because it may create a trade barrier between Australian and U.S. drug companies 3. Stringent rules against clinical trials and quality of drugs will require more stringent measures from the company leading to increased costs
1. Alphapharm 2. Symbion Health 3. Bickford’s Australia
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.