Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 2133
SWOT Analysis of Fluor Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
Presence across diverse industries and geographies which means minimum risk for the company as a whole
Based on geography: Asia Pacific, Europe, Central and South
America, Middle East and Africa, USA and Canada
Predominantly USA and Canada
A company which gives primary importance to sustainability and environment
1. Geographic and industry diversity which mitigates business risk related to a particular industry - Fluor primarily serves industries such as chemicals and petrochemicals, commercial and institutional, government services, health-care, life sciences, manufacturing, microelectronics, mining, oil and gas, power, renewable energy, telecommunications, and transportation infrastructure. Geographically, besides USA, it also has operations in Asia Pacific, Europe, Central and South America, and Africa 2. Strong order backlog - The company maintained a consolidated order backlog. Further, Fluor recorded a year-on-year increase of in its overall projects backlog 3. Improved focus on sustainability which enhances the company’s brand image - to help clients reduce greenhouse-gas-emissions, Fluor has developed patented carbon-dioxide (CO2) recovery technologies such as Fluor Solvent, Econamine and Econamine FG Plus
4. Over 40,000 employees are a part of the workforce
5. Has been named one of the most ethical companies for consecutive years
1. Litigations tarnish company’s image - Fluor received an adverse decision from an arbitration panel regarding its claims for additional compensation related to the Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm Project. There have been other instances as well
2. Limited global presence means dependency on one economy only
1. Expansion into nuclear energy segment - According to Energy Information Administration (EIA), world's nuclear energy consumption is expected in increase 2. Strengthening presence in renewable energy market - would corroborate its market position and pave the way for it to become a strong player in the market
1. Intense competition likely to erode profits – number of local and international competitors, especially in the engineering and construction sector 2. Government regulations - Flour has to comply with FAR, the Truth in Negotiations Act, CAS, ARRA, the Services Contract Act and DOD security regulations, and many other laws and regulations. In addition, the company is also subject to other government regulations related to employment practices, environmental protection, health and safety, tax, accounting and anti-fraud.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.