SWOT Analysis of Tigerair with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Tiger Airways Holdings
Cheap and efficient air transportation
Low cost airline
Economy travelers looking for an alternative to road/rail/sea travel
Inexpensive, quick alternative to road, rail or sea travel in SEA
1. Developed sufficient expertise to continue meeting the needs of price sensitive consumers while simultaneously ensuring that the company remains profitable. 2. Aims to create a profitable portfolio of routes to capitalize on the growth rate of Asia and Australia which would fuel the growth of tourism 3. Dominant position in the low-cost segment in Singapore 4. Rise of Asian tourism industry due to population growth and rising income levels presents a huge profit opportunity for Tiger airways if they can capitalize on it.
5. Strong brand presence due to great offers for customers
1. The decision to ground all flights of Tiger Airways Australia by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) affected its brand reputation 2.Intense competition means limited market share business and lower margins
1. The uncertain state of the economy will lead to a reduction in consumer spending as well as tourism revenue therefore presenting an opportunity for low cost carriers like Tiger Airways. 2. The increase in GDP within Asia may lead to stronger growth in tourism and travelling within this region 3. The growth in internet usage in the developing countries in Asia increases the reach of Tiger Airways to its target market without the company having to incur much additional cost.
1. The rise of oil prices will constantly be a threat to Tiger Airways (due to the nature of their business, a large portion of their operational expenses comes from fuel costs) 2. Tiger Airways faces the threat of having their operations being more heavily scrutinized by other aviation authorities. 3. The intensity of rivalry in the industry is high.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.