SWOT Analysis of SkyWest Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
SkyWest Airlines Pvt ltd
Regional (Indonesia is the only international destination)
A very good image for safety and precautions
Customers looking for safety and punctuality
Middle class / Upper middle class
Safety First for the passengers
1. Skywest Airlines has been operating since 1963 and its brand name is well established and regarded by customers, industry and regulators in Western and Northern Australia 2. Sole permitted operator to a number of regional destinations in Australia 3. Multiple year scheduled charter contracts with major resource companies which provides the company with a reliable and highly visible revenue base, as well as cash flow to fund expansion. 4. Operations to 160 destinations with a 300+fleet size
1. Too much reliance on operating environment makes the financial position of the company unstable 2. Not a member of any of the airline alliances and hence loses out on benefits of code share agreements 3. It provides services on behalf of the long haul legacy carriers like US airways, Delta airlines and hence there is dependence on this carriers
1. The company stands to benefit from long-term growth in Western Australia tourism and is actively seeking to build exposure of the tourist destinations it is able to offer services to 2. Leverage on association with Virgin airlines in order to further strengthen its brand image
3. More destinations and also tapping global customers
1. Fluctuating demand of air travel due to unstable global economy 2. Increase in aviation fuel cost
3. Increasing labor cost and threat of strikes of worker unions
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SkyWest Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.