SWOT Analysis of WW Grainger with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy and Power
For the ones who get it done
WW Grainger works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions, through multiple channels
Material handling equipment, Security supplies, Lighting and electrical products, Tools, Plumbing supplies, Cleaning and painting supplies, Industrial, fleet, and safety product
Public entities(US etc.),large industrial and resource organizations
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running
1. WW Grainger has a narrow focus that serves a particular customer niche with either a unique product or with a low cost advantage over competitors 2. SuperGrainger is a profitable corporation and has increased dividends to its shareholders for 36 consecutive years
3. Grainger carries a broader supply of products; The catalog now carries over 400,000 products, and customers can purchase over 900,000 products on Grainger.com.
4. W. W. Grainger have an extensive, on-site, U.S. based Technical Product Support for all of their products
1.Weak operational leverage during periods of growth
2."Operating Expenses” will have a long-term negative impact on this entity 3.Company has been bugged with poor cost structure and growth coming from price
4. Heavy dependence on US markets
1.Grainger is slowly adapting green technologies for production processes. This should give contribute further to build a greater brand image
2.There has been a growth in emerging markets for industrial supplies. Grainger should concentrate more on such markets 3.Have Education Assistance to full-time employees; the ones who are eligible to improve their greatest strength; People
1.A weak and slowly recovering economy 2.Excessive dependence on US markets and increase on competition in US markets
3. Significant decrease in construction spending in some of Grainger’s overseas countries.
1.Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. 2.Graybar Electric Company, Inc. 3.WESCO International, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to WW Grainger. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.