SWOT Analysis of IOI Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IOI Corporation Berhad
Food and Beverages
People first, performance now
Providing customers with products and services that exceed their expectations
Business segments: Plantation, Real Estate Development, Manufacturing of oleochemicals and specialty fats& Refineries
Food manufacturing industry, Industrial & Consumer Food catering industry
Providing products & services of superior values
1. Development of agri-science and technology to improve crop and oil yields to meet increasing global demands
2. Integrated business model from plantation to specialty fats and oleochemicals
3. Operates on a multi-stakeholder format which involves strict principles and criteria covering the social and environmental requirements for the production and use of sustainable palm oil. 4. Crude Palm Oil prices have trended higher and are relatively stable yearon-year, supported by the growing demand for vegetable oils as well as emerging demand from the biofuel sector
5. Employs more than 30,000 personnel of more than 23 different nationalities in 15 countries.
1.Uncertainties in the form of commodities price risk, credit risk, foreign exchange risk and interest rate risk. 2.Manpower constraints, pressure on increasing operating costs and extreme weather in the plantation division 3.Palm oil industry faces huge number of unresolved land conflicts due to land grabbing
1.Demand for palm oil would remain strong as consumption increases in select emerging economies coupled with the general global population growth 2.Expansion into Indonesia is through the acquisitions of interest in oil palm estates 3.Emerging biofuel market
1.Economic crisis in the Eurozone and the global economic slowdown result in lower global trade and investments 2.In the refinery and specialty fats sub-segmentsstiff competition posed by the Indonesian resource-based manufacturers which have a cost advantage due to Indonesia’s preferential export duty tariff structure
3. Unfavorable legislation and government policies are constant threats
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IOI Group. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.