International Paper SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 907
SWOT Analysis of International Paper with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
International Paper Company
Paper and packaging solutions
Standardized manufacturing across the globe
Industrial packaging, printing papers, distribution, and consumer packaging.
Newspaper houses, Book publication houses
Global provider of paper and packaging solutions to various industries
1. The largest paper and pulp company in the world with over 60,000 employees 2. It operates 25 pulp, paper and packaging mills, 180+ converting and packaging plants, recycling plants and bag facilities in the US 3. Eco friendly manufacturing techniques 4. Economies of scale are its greatest strength due to which it can raise finance any time at a low rate of interest and longer pay period
5. High Research & Development investment, and standardized manufacturing across the globe facilitated by latest machines which has led to strong brand image of International Paper
6. High growth rate recorded in recent times
7. Strong legacy since 1898
1. Bad press, it is blamed for deforestation in America 2. Paper making factories are associated with pollution and causing harm to adjacent areas
1. The increase in e-commerce industry has resulted in high demand for packaging solutions 2. Consolidation and expansion of business in other geographies through acquisition route 3. Due to scale of International Paper, it would have the backing of the government for expansion
1. Focus on digitalizing all mass media content which will ultimately lead to decrease in consumption of paper and related items 2. Destruction of rain forests in Amazon basin which forms the main source of raw material for manufacturing 3. Considerable resources in Russia which may be affected due to global crisis and US stance against Russia
4. Impact of environmental laws could be harmful to the company
1. Asia Pulp and Paper 2. Stora Enso Group 3. Smurfit Kappa Group
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to International Paper. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.