Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 833
SWOT Analysis of General Dynamics with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
General Dynamics Corporation
Aerospace and Defense
Strengths on your side
Ability to grow organically with time
Marine Systems; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Aerospace
Military, other government and commercial customers
Delivering superior products and services to military, other government and commercial customers
1. Strong relationship with the US government which helps it in getting major defense contracts 2. Broad product portfolio (Marine Systems; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Aerospace) and balanced revenue streams sector 3. Has grown both organically and inorganically (acquisitions and mergers) with time 4. High focus on Research & Development which is critical in defense
5. Nearly 100,000 employees worldwide with strong revenues
6. General Dynamics entry into the Healthcare solutions will help it expand its top-line
7. One of the world’s largest defense contractors
1. US government contracts form the majority of its revenues 2. Highly competitive market means limited market share
1. Growing global market for defense and aerospace, especially China and India
2. Defense spending has increased in the US and the world
3. Highest order backlog since 2008 and backlog orders simply need to be fulfilled
1. Government lawsuit & future regulations can disrupt its revenue stream 2. Potential decreases in US government spending will have a major impact on its revenues 3. Impact of Cyber security disruptions is unknown at this time
4. Due to lower remuneration as compared to competitors, employee retention & availability
1. The Boeing Company 2. Lockheed Martin Corporation 3. L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to General Dynamics. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.