Increased focus on developing services and products
Industrial, Automotive, Specialty Business
Improve efficiency and reduce energy losses
1. Consists of approximately 150 companies worldwide and has clients’ such as General Electric, Rolls – Royce plc, Pratt & Whitney
2. It has global certification to IS0 14001 (environmental management system), ISO 50001 (energy management) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety) standards.
3. Largest bearing manufacturer in the world and has around 48,600 employees in 140 production and manufacturing sites
4. It has been listed as amongst the largest public companies in the world according to Forbes Global 2000 ranking
5. It has 15,000 worldwide distribution locations across 130 countries
6. It has a positive cash flow with net income of SEK 4.750 billion in 2014
7. It has an ability to continuously develop new technologies and use them to create products that offer competitive advantage to the customers
8. Invests heavily in R&D and has 18 technical centres around the world
1. Local players who has more cultural and localized knowledge of the region than SKF and have greater accessibility to the customers 2. SKF has less global presence in tools and equipments of lubrication where the market is largely fragmented
1. Portfolio diversification through mergers and acquisitions 2. Capturing more market share through growing technology and localized knowledge
1. Fluctuating exchange rate and interest rate risks as due to its global presence the company has to transact in several foreign currencies 2. Fluctuations in raw material and component cost risk 3. Industrial disputes due to changing labor laws might impact the efficiency of the workers and SKF’s ability to meet customer demand
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.