SWOT Analysis of Groupon with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Deep discounted vouchers for products and services
IT & Technology
The first company to provide online coupon deals
Everyday internet users
Internet users who like shopping and discounts
To connect local commerce, increasing consumer buying power while driving more business to local merchants through price and discovery
1. Internationally recognized brand with operations in more than 40+ countries 2. First movers advantage, it is the largest company in the daily deals market with 400,000+ active deals globally 3. Nearly 50 million active customers with strong revenues
4. Diversification into new markets with strategic entry into e-commerce
5. Focus on local, primarily small merchants
6. Getting users a taste of the luxurious goods at an affordable price
7. Over 10,000 employees are with the company
1. High competition from other players means lesser margins 2. Lack of customer loyalty due to many customers being one time users for the deals
1. Market penetration of mobile apps has increased, Groupon can leverage this market with its app 2. Better targeting of deals – personalization, to attract newer customers 3. Relationship building with existing partners for long term and return business
1. Many copycats have emerged in emerging markets which threaten to eat into Groupon’s market share 2. Due to non-personalization of deals, it threatens the ecosystem of the complete business model 3. Anti-competitive investigations aimed to curb deep discounted deals
1. PennyGrab, Inc. 2. DealsOfAmerica.com 3. RetailMeNot, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Groupon. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.