SWOT Analysis of Jabil Circuit with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Jabil Circuit Inc.
IT and Technology
Unique combination of global expertise, ingenuity, analytics and financial performance
Diversified manufacturing services (DMS), enterprise and infrastructure
(E&I), and high velocity systems (HVS)
A company that helps customers to design intelligent, effective and agile supply chains
1. Diversified product portfolio with balanced revenues from each segment 2. Large offering of value-add design services that help gain market share for complementary products 3. Association with a large number of companies that are leaders in their own segments, such as Apple, Agilent, etc 4. Wide global presence in over 30 countries
5. Large employee base of about 1,40,000 people
6. Its expertise is in fields like healthcare, life sciences, clean technology, instrumentation, defense, aerospace, automotive, computing, storage, consumer products
1. Risks associated with customer concentration – 5 top customers accounted for most of its revenue 2. High amount of credit dealings increases the risk of defaulters and weakens financial position 3. High dependence on key suppliers for major components
1. Robust outlook for the electronics manufacturing services market 2. Acquisition of Nypro – which has operations at 40 locations across 14 countries 3. Growing global health care equipment and supplies market
4. Acquisition of smaller companies and global penetration would increase value
1. Intense competition may negatively impact Jabil's margins and market share - Most of Jabil's competitors have international operations and significant financial resources and some have substantially greater manufacturing, research and development and marketing resources than the company 2. Jabil has become subject to certain legal requirements, principally in Europe, regarding the use of certain hazardous substances in, and the collection, reuse and recycling of waste from, certain products that use or generate electricity 3. With rising concerns about global warming, the countries in which Jabil operates, especially the US, are making their environmental laws stricter. Compliance with these may prove difficult
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.