SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
Automation solutions for a changing world
Industrial automation, electronic components, automotive sector, social systems, healthcare
Industrial sector, electronics makers
One that keeps pace with change
1. Strong employee base of about 36,000 people 2. Strong R&D focus – total expenditure on R&D is a substantial amount which helps in innovation 3. Strong and diverse product portfolio with many innovative products such as hand gesture recognition technology 4. Balanced product portfolio and revenues – with markets distributed across product segments; this provides a shock-cushion as negative impacts in one segment will not affect revenues 5. Robust market share – the company is a leading player with a consistent share
6. It has developed medical equipment, ATM machines, oilfield and marine equipment etc
1. Strong dependence on Asian market, especially Japan and China, for revenue 2. Weakening financial position and declining margins is a concern 3. High concentration of production units in Japan and Asia in comparison with elsewhere in the world – means high distribution cost and risks of being affected by local market trends
1. Strong outlook for global control systems market 2. Accelerated growth in global electronic components market 3. Global electronic components market has wide range of products under it which could be explored
4. Tie-ups and acquisition of smaller enterprises to boost operations
1. The company faces strong competition especially in the pricing and customer service domains 2. The company has many overseas affiliates and currency fluctuations will greatly impact the functioning of the business 3. Need for compliance to various environmental laws and regulations
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OMRON Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.