SWOT Analysis of Save-a-Lot with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Lifestyle and retail
Great food. Great prices. Great people.
Best supply chain and store layout to minimize costs and thus minimize prices.
Those with financial crunch or extremely price conscious
Lower middle class homemakers
Generic products at the lowest price
1. 1300+ stores across most of the states in the US 2. Very low prices. Focus is not on giving a great shopping experience 3. There are always some products on discounts. There are also some new or exotic produce which interests the customers who shop here.
4. Some of the stores also have Rite Aid pharmacy to look after the medical needs of the customers
5. Smart shoppers club card is a customer loyalty program
1. Many of the brands sold are not so popular among the customers 2. The shop floor is sometimes cluttered with items. The shopping experience is very poor 3. The stores are smaller than bigger brands hence lesser profits
1. An express checkout counter for 10 items or less would ease the long queue. 2. Better quality products and organic section in stores located in affluent localities 3. Online purchase and home delivery will help reduce the operating costs further and reduce the rush of customers at the store
1. With Wifi and internet, customers are now better informed about the quality and price of most products 2. These stores have a reputation of selling the cheapest products and price is sometimes synonymous with quality. This deters upper middle class from shopping at these stores 3. There are specialized stores for toys, gifts, grocery, kitchenware, garments, etc where the items may be of better quality and at lower prices
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.