SWOT Analysis of Sirius with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sirius XM Holdings
The best Radio on Radio
Wide variety of genres, 24 hours, commercial-free and uncensored
Music, sports, news and entertainment radio audience
Premium customers who can subscribe to its channels
As a premium pay-for-service radio
1. It holds the title of world’s largest radio broadcaster by revenue and is one of the largest pure-play audio entertainment companies
2. Second largest media company in the US by number of paid customers, 22.3 million
3. It has monopoly over the premium Radio channel space in US 4. Sirius offers multi-channel access to its premium radio service through hardware, internet and mobile
5. Operates in US and Canada employing approx. 1500 people
6. Its operations have led to increasing profits and margins reflecting the efficient management and sound decision making of Sirius Radio
1. Much of its revenue is dependent on the automakers as they provide bundled service of Sirius in their new or leased cars 2. Even after merger Sirius and XM still operate separately leading to confusion amongst the consumers 3. Cost cutting in advertising after merger of Sirius and XM
1. Rapid expansion and positive outlook for digital radio services in the US 2. It has in recent times been offering exclusive programs for Hispanic population who form a substantial part of the population 3. Increase in Spanish radio channel offerings will help in attracting and consolidating existing market for Hispanic population
1. Intense competition from rivals’ especially online radio channels like Pandora 2. Cases of piracy and copyright issues from the music industry are high 3. Regulatory troubles and changes in US communication policy could adversely impact the company’s services and its financial condition
1. Pandora Inc. 2. ClearChannel Inc. 3. Westwood One, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sirius. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.