Posted in Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Total Reads: 3213
SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Hear now. And always
Designs, manufactures and supplies the Nucleus cochlear implant, the Hybridelectro-acoustic implant and the Baha bone conduction implant
People with auditory problems
Healthcare professionals operating in these areas, individuals with hearing troubles
A cochlear implant is an established, effective and long-term solution for people with moderate to profound hearing loss. Cochlear pioneered the implant technology and is still the world’s industry leader.
1. COH is investing in research to redesign devices to enable manufacturing scale-up from a cottage industry to a production line 2. Management is also building the infrastructure to handle more revenue by investing in marketing and sales resources. 3. COH has a reputation of delivering the most reliable and safest implantable device provides strong brand awareness with hearing specialists
4. The company has over 2700 employees in over 25 countries
5. One of the most recognised companies in Australia
1. Untapped markets due to lack of relationship with suppliers and other partners 2. Growing competition means limited market share 3.Huge investments in research and development means financial challenge
1. Less than 10% of the profoundly deaf have an implantable hearing device, management expect they can exploit the immaturity of the global market 2. With increasing aging US population is expected to drive demand for hearing aids and assistive listening devices 3. Collaborative tie ups with hospitals, clinics, medical professionals etc.
1. Competition from local hearing clinics 2. The products require constant innovation to maintain the edge over the competitors
1. Hearing Company 2. Bedwetting device manufacturers 3. Sonic
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cochlear Limited. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.