UEFA Champions League SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Sports Teams and Events, Total Reads: 2743
SWOT Analysis of UEFA Champions League with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
UEFA Champions League
Football event (Europe)
Sports and entertainment
The most prestigious club competition in the world involving only the top teams from across the various leagues in Europe
All football lovers across the world
Men in the age group 15-60
Entertaining football with the best players across the globe playing in the competition
1. Presence of all the top teams across Europe 2. Presence of the top players and managers, and the fact that is rated very highly by both players and managers alike 3. Global reach of the competition 4. Showcases the talent that European Football has to offer
5. Presence of only 32 teams from across Europe makes it the most competitive club football competition across the world
6. Sponsored by a group of multinational companies
1. Only 32 teams make the final competition. This may deter the supporters of the various other clubs to not passionately follow the tournament 2. Dominated by a few teams like Barcelona, Manchester United in the last few years because of the disparities in the financial status of the various clubs
3. Lack of association with top broadcasters like ESPN is resulting in the slow growth of the league in South Asia
1. Tap global markets like India, China and USA 2. Have a few matches outside Europe(preferably asia/USA), to further enhance the league’s brand equity
1. Threat from the Copa Libertadores due to the burgeoning South American Economy( especially Brazil) 2. Threat from the emergence and popularity of the Asian Champions League(AFC Champions league). This may result in a large chunk of its Asian fans moving away.
1.Copa Libertadores 2.AFC Champions League 3.CAF Champions League (African Champions League)
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to UEFA Champions League. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.