Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tigerair analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tigerair SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tigerair to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tigerair is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Tigerair SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tigerair competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Economy travelers looking for an alternative to road/rail/sea travel
Inexpensive, quick alternative to road, rail or sea travel in SEA
SWOT Analysis of Tigerair
For Tigerair, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Tigerair SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Tigerair looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tigerair :
1. Developed sufficient expertise to continue meeting the needs of price sensitive consumers while simultaneously ensuring that the company remains profitable. 2. Aims to create a profitable portfolio of routes to capitalize on the growth rate of Asia and Australia which would fuel the growth of tourism 3. Dominant position in the low-cost segment in Singapore 4. Rise of Asian tourism industry due to population growth and rising income levels presents a huge profit opportunity for Tiger airways if they can capitalize on it.
5. Strong brand presence due to great offers for customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tigerair SWOT Analysis:
1. The decision to ground all flights of Tiger Airways Australia by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) affected its brand reputation 2.Intense competition means limited market share business and lower margins
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tigerair SWOT Analysis:
1. The uncertain state of the economy will lead to a reduction in consumer spending as well as tourism revenue therefore presenting an opportunity for low cost carriers like Tiger Airways. 2. The increase in GDP within Asia may lead to stronger growth in tourism and travelling within this region 3. The growth in internet usage in the developing countries in Asia increases the reach of Tiger Airways to its target market without the company having to incur much additional cost.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tigerair are as mentioned:
1. The rise of oil prices will constantly be a threat to Tiger Airways (due to the nature of their business, a large portion of their operational expenses comes from fuel costs) 2. Tiger Airways faces the threat of having their operations being more heavily scrutinized by other aviation authorities. 3. The intensity of rivalry in the industry is high.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Tigerair:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tigerair. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute