Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lion Air analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lion Air SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lion Air to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lion Air is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Lion Air SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lion Air competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lion Air:
1. It has the largest share of the domestic market share 2. A very strong name in Indonesian market with High top of the mind recall 3. The airline jointly announced with Boeing for a record-setting order of 200+ Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-900ER planes setting the record for the world's biggest single order of 230 planes
4. Financially strong and good reputation of the brand
Lion Air Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Lion Air SWOT Analysis:
1. The airline is limited to a very small market
2. Controversies involving the pilots affected the image of the company
Lion Air Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Lion Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in destinations and services of cargo being offered 2. Lion Air along with its National Aerospace & Defense Industries signed a JV agreement to set up a new airline in Malaysia 3. Global tie-ups with international airlines and destinations
Lion Air Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lion Air are as mentioned:
1. Negative perception about the airline regarding safety measures 2. Increasing fuel cost 3. With many orders of aircrafts in place, maintenance cost in the future will be very high
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lion Air. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute