South African Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of South African Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
South African Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector. The article below lists the South African Airways SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of South African Airways looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of South African Airways :
1. South Africa has a Cat1 Status in terms of the 8 critical ICAO elements
2. Safety programs and regulations in place to ensure the successful implementation of industry Safety Management System (SMS)
3. Strong support of South African Government
4. Addition of newer, younger aircrafts in the fleet
5. Good brand awareness and marketing through print ads
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the South African Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Diluted brand image due to controversies
2. Limited global operations compared to some leading global airlines
Read more about South African Airways
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in South African Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Sustained economic growth and growing middle class
2. Strengthening of legal framework to enable aviation industry
3. innovation and growth
4. Inclusion of cargo fees in the revenue model
5. Effective stake holder engagement
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of South African Airways are as mentioned:
1. Increased competition and expansion by other international airlines
2. Increased fuel cost
3. Fluctuating demand for air travel
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the South African Airways SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About South African Airways
|South African Airways Overview|
Government of South Africa
Inspiring new ways
Second oldest airline in the world
|South African Airways STP|
Frequent travelers through airlines
Middle class/Upper middle class
Be safe with South African Airways
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to South African Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us