Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Egypt Air analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Egypt Air SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Egypt Air to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Egypt Air is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Egypt Air SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Egypt Air competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Egypt Air, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Egypt Air SWOT Analysis:
Egypt Air Strengths
The strengths of Egypt Air looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Egypt Air :
1. It has a very strong brand image in the airline industry and it is one of the most preferred brands in the world 2. It has 9 subsidiaries catering to various aspects of the airline industry such as cargo, ground services, in-flight services etc 3. It has the tag of being the first IOSA certified airline in Africa 4. Egypt Air is a state-owned company with special legislation permitting the management to operate as if the company were privately owned without any interference from the government
5. Has presence in over 75 destinations across Middle-east and Africa
Egypt Air Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Egypt Air SWOT Analysis:
1. There is no financial backing from the government 2. Complex business structure 3. Limited brand awareness as compared to leading brands
Egypt Air Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Egypt Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Egypt Air Training Centre includes the latest flight simulators in the Middle East and provides training program for various companies thus forming a source of ancillary income 2. Expand its reach in the United States 3. Better customer-focused services
Egypt Air Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Egypt Air are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from LCCs 2. Increasing aviation fuel cost 3. Increasing labor cost and changing aviation policies
Egypt Air Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Egypt Air:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Egypt Air. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute