Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SkyWest Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SkyWest Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SkyWest Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SkyWest Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the SkyWest Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the SkyWest Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For SkyWest Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
SkyWest Airlines Strengths
The strengths of SkyWest Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SkyWest Airlines :
1. Skywest Airlines has been operating since 1963 and its brand name is well established and regarded by customers, industry and regulators in Western and Northern Australia 2. Sole permitted operator to a number of regional destinations in Australia 3. Multiple year scheduled charter contracts with major resource companies which provides the company with a reliable and highly visible revenue base, as well as cash flow to fund expansion. 4. Operations to 160 destinations with a 300+fleet size
SkyWest Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the SkyWest Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Too much reliance on operating environment makes the financial position of the company unstable 2. Not a member of any of the airline alliances and hence loses out on benefits of code share agreements 3. It provides services on behalf of the long haul legacy carriers like US airways, Delta airlines and hence there is dependence on this carriers
SkyWest Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in SkyWest Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. The company stands to benefit from long-term growth in Western Australia tourism and is actively seeking to build exposure of the tourist destinations it is able to offer services to 2. Leverage on association with Virgin airlines in order to further strengthen its brand image
3. More destinations and also tapping global customers
SkyWest Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SkyWest Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuating demand of air travel due to unstable global economy 2. Increase in aviation fuel cost
3. Increasing labor cost and threat of strikes of worker unions
SkyWest Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of SkyWest Airlines:
1. American Eagle 2. ExpressJet 3. Comair
Hence this concludes the SkyWest Airlines SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About SkyWest Airlines
SkyWest Airlines Overview
SkyWest Airlines Pvt ltd
Regional (Indonesia is the only international destination)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SkyWest Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute