Etihad Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Etihad Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Etihad Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Etihad Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Etihad Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Etihad Airways SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Etihad Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Etihad Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Etihad Airways :
1. Etihad Airways is the flagship airline brand of Abu Dhabi
2. Being centrally located gives access to Europe and Asia
3. Etihad Airways has over 1,000 flights per week
4. Over 55 countries are covered extensively across the world
5. Good branding and visibility of Etihad Airways and it has actively sponsored many events
6. The company has more than 20000+ employees
7. Etihad Airways has focused on quality customer service, in-flight entertainment systems and exclusive lounges
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Etihad Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. The airlines only serves international destinations which means high operating costs
2. Market share growth of Etihad Airways is restricted due to intense competition level
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Etihad Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Etihad Airways has a new fleet which gives rich customer experience
2. More global destinations can be tapped to increase reach of business
3. Tie-ups with airports to give premium facilities to passengers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Etihad Airways are as mentioned:
1. Increasing Competition in Middle East market can affect business of Etihad Airways
2. Increasing costs of fuels affects margins
3. Changing Govt policies and international aviation rules and regulations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Etihad Airways:
1. Air India
6. Qantas Airways
10. Air France
11. Virgin Atlantic
12. United Airlines
13. Jet Airways
Hence this concludes the Etihad Airways SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Etihad Airways Overview|
Government of Abu Dhabi
From Abu Dhabi to the World
Etihad Airways connects the world through Abu Dhabi
|Etihad Airways STP|
Passengers Preferring Comfort / reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Etihad Airways is a global airline which gives a grand experience of flying
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Etihad Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us