Aisin Seiki SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Aisin Seiki, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aisin Seiki to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Aisin Seiki is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Aisin Seiki SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aisin Seiki SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Aisin Seiki, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Aisin Seiki looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aisin Seiki :
1. Strong brand image and recognition on account of being a Fortune Global 500 company
2. Partner supplier of Toyota Group companies along with several other tie-ups with Mazda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, GM, Fiat and Porsche
3. One of the largest producer of automatic transmissions in the world
4. Its wide product portfolio includes engine, drivetrain, body and chassis etc
5. Strong CSR focus adds credibility to the company
6. Close to 100,000 people in the workforce
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aisin Seiki SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly bureaucratic management structure leading to slow decision making.
2. Alleged Price-fixing scandal has done some damage to brand image.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aisin Seiki SWOT Analysis:
1. Toyota’s success in emerging markets leading to a strong demand for automobile parts and spares.
2. New segments cropping up – MUV and Hybrid cars leading to a new segment of automobile spares.
3. Strong expected Yen to make exports profitable
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aisin Seiki are as mentioned:
1. Unpredictable fluctuations in the Yen could hurt profits in the long run
2. Stiff competition among auto parts suppliers to grab contracts
3. Japan trade relations not cordial with a lot of countries, impacting smooth export of auto products.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Aisin Seiki:
1. Denso Corporation
2. Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
3. Robert Bosch Corporation
4. Delphi Automotive Plc
Hence this concludes the Aisin Seiki SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Aisin Seiki Overview|
Geared up for the future
Technologically superior products in a decent price
|Aisin Seiki STP|
Automobile manufacturing components
Car makers needing a variety of automobile parts from a reputed brand
One stop shop for high quality automobile parts
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aisin Seiki. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us