Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Isuzu Motors analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Isuzu Motors SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Isuzu Motors to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Isuzu Motors is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Isuzu Motors SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Isuzu Motors SWOT Analysis:
For Isuzu Motors, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Isuzu Motors Strengths
The strengths of Isuzu Motors looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Isuzu Motors :
1. Known for diesel engines & commercial vehicles 2. Japanese company with a long heritage & legacy 3. Founded 1916, 7000+ employees, & has produced over 21 million engines so far 4. Engines made by Isuzu are used by General Motors & Renault-Nissan Alliance
5. Strong Presence in Asia & Africa
Isuzu Motors Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Isuzu Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share 2. It was unable to sustain its passenger car business 3. Also unable to sustain SUV business which is diesel powered which could have been their strength
Isuzu Motors Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Isuzu Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. It can revive the car segment with the help of its shareholders like Toyota & Mitsubishi who are among large shareholders 2. It can leverage its alliance with GM & Nissan-Renault for its business benefits 3. It can use its innovations in diesel technologies for smaller cars for markets like Africa
4. Further penetrate the Bus segment
Isuzu Motors Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Isuzu Motors are as mentioned:
1. Increasing shift from traditional fuels to hybrid & electric powered cars 2. Other Japanese players & Korean Players have established themselves much firmly, thus revival will be challenging 3. Its brand is not that well known across geography
Isuzu Motors Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Isuzu Motors:
Isuzu is one of the largest manufacturers of medium and heavy duty trucks
Isuzu Motors STP
Commercial Vehicle services and Mass Market
Small industries and logistics companies
Japanese technology with high performance vehicles
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Isuzu Motors. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute