Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Virgin Money analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Virgin Money SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Virgin Money to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Virgin Money is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Virgin Money SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Virgin Money competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A one stop for all financial products where customers can easily understand where to invest
Virgin Money STP
Individuals, large enterprises and other financial institutions by providing a wide range of financial products and services
Customers and is more focused towards retail banking services
Provide easy financial services for customers to invest
SWOT Analysis of Virgin Money
Virgin Money Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Virgin Money:
1. Highly capable and efficient parent company 2. Can explore into other banking divisions like priority banking, etc. 3. Offers a wide range of financial products due to which they add more and more customers every year 4. Advantage of being under a famous conglomerate
5. Supervised by Prudential Regulation Authority
6. Offers services like Finance, Banking, Mortgages
Virgin Money Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Virgin Money SWOT Analysis:
1. Little presence in few countries other than UK 2. Not a listed company and hence it would become difficult to raise capital
Virgin Money Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Virgin Money SWOT Analysis:
1. Can acquire or form strategic alliance with other giants to increase the banking business 2. Expand to other major countries of Asia, Europe, etc. 3. Can launch IPO and raise capital which in turn can be used for either expansion or achieve other business goals
Virgin Money Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Virgin Money are as mentioned:
1. Presence of giants like HSBC, Barclays, etc. may lead to their cannibalization of revenues 2. International operations in Australia might turn out to be unsuccessful
Virgin Money Competition
Virgin Money Competitors
Below are the top 7 competitors of Virgin Money:
1. HSBC Holdings plc 2. Lloyds Banking Group 3. Barclays
4. Prudential plc
5. Aviva plc
6. Royal Bank of Scotland
7. Standard Chartered bank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Virgin Money. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute