Western Union SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Western Union, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Western Union is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector. The article below lists the Western Union SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Western Union, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Western Union looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Western Union :
1. Presence in over 200 countries & around 150 years of experience
2. Offers unique products more specifically across a single domain
3. P/E ratio of WU is higher compared to the industry average ie stock overvalued
4. The company has over 7000 people worldwide
5. One of the global leaders in Wire transfers and Money orders
6. Strong advertising and marketing has made the brand high on recall
7. The brand has actively sponsored events and sports team; and also supported military
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Western Union SWOT Analysis:
1. High dependence on technology means huge investments
2. Profit margin decline has been a concern
Read more about Western Union
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Western Union SWOT Analysis:
1. Can form strategic alliance with money providers to benefit each other
2. Can diversify to other domains by providing Banking and insurance services
3. Can develop cash less economies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Western Union are as mentioned:
1. Global downturn affects its workings
2. Uncertainty about the economic outlook & changes in the Govt. regulations
3.Introduction of substitute products
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Western Union SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Western Union Overview|
Western Union Company
The fastest way to send money – worldwide
One of the largest financial services company specializing in global money transfer
|Western Union STP|
Individuals, HNI’s, large firms and anyone looking for money transfer
Individuals and large firms
A firm with strong roots in past & rich experience in what it does – money transfer
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Western Union. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us