Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Western Union analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Western Union SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Western Union to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Western Union is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Western Union SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Western Union competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Western Union SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
One of the largest financial services company specializing in global money transfer
Western Union STP
Individuals, HNI’s, large firms and anyone looking for money transfer
Individuals and large firms
A firm with strong roots in past & rich experience in what it does – money transfer
SWOT Analysis of Western Union
Western Union Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Western Union:
1. Presence in over 200 countries & around 150 years of experience 2. Offers unique products more specifically across a single domain 3. P/E ratio of WU is higher compared to the industry average ie stock overvalued
4. The company has over 7000 people worldwide
5. One of the global leaders in Wire transfers and Money orders
6. Strong advertising and marketing has made the brand high on recall
7. The brand has actively sponsored events and sports team; and also supported military
Western Union Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Western Union SWOT Analysis:
1. High dependence on technology means huge investments 2. Profit margin decline has been a concern
Western Union Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Western Union SWOT Analysis:
1. Can form strategic alliance with money providers to benefit each other 2. Can diversify to other domains by providing Banking and insurance services 3. Can develop cash less economies
Western Union Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Western Union are as mentioned:
1. Global downturn affects its workings 2. Uncertainty about the economic outlook & changes in the Govt. regulations 3.Introduction of substitute products
Western Union Competition
Western Union Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Western Union:
1. Currency Solutions 2. TOR Fx 3. Moneycorp
4. UK Forex
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Western Union. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute