Mizuho Financial Group SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mizuho Financial Group analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mizuho Financial Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mizuho Financial Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Mizuho Financial Group is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mizuho Financial Group competitors and includes Mizuho Financial Group target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
‘Mizuho’ aims to become "the most trusted financial institution"
Mizuho Financial Group STP
Mizuho Financial Group Segmentation
Institutional and individual clients
Mizuho Financial Group Target Market
Large, medium and small institutions and individual clients
Mizuho Financial Group Positioning
The bank, working with customers to help them build a brighter future
Mizuho Financial Group SWOT Analysis
Mizuho Financial Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mizuho Financial Group:
1. The only bank to have branches across all the provinces of Japan serving 26 million Japanese households and 90000 SME customers 2. Financials like Dividend Yield and Payout ratio (TTM) are greater than industry and sector average 3. In terms of market capitalization, Mizuho is one of the top in Japan and the world 4. Employs more than 68,000 people in 30 countries
Mizuho Financial Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mizuho Financial Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Global exposure is limited as compared to a few other major banks 2. Strong competition from existing players makes it difficult to increase market share
Mizuho Financial Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mizuho Financial Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Tie up with South Africa’s Standard Bank will help in expansion and growth of business in African continent 2.High growth in overseas loan balances will help in tapping foreign clients
3. Expanding overseas network could reduce dependence on the domestic market
Mizuho Financial Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mizuho Financial Group are as mentioned:
1. Weak loan demand in Japan, creating a major trouble for Japanese banks 2.Volatile economic conditions in Japan will have effect on the banks
3.Low manufacturing and industrial growth rate in Japan will have significant effect on the Japanese banks
Mizuho Financial Group Competition
Below are the top 2 Mizuho Financial Group competitors:
1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) 2.Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mizuho Financial Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute