Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of KBC Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In KBC Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like KBC Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. KBC Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the KBC Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top KBC Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
An integrated bancassurance group offering varied services in banking and insurance
KBC Bank STP
Institutions and individual clients
Retail, SME, midcap customers and corporate customers
Group focusing on providing bank, insurance and wealth management products and services to its clients
SWOT Analysis of KBC Bank
KBC Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of KBC Bank:
1. Large presence in Belgium, Central, Eastern Europe and Russia 2. Second largest bancassurer in Belgium with approximately 55000 employees and catering nearly 13 million customers 3. Multi-channel distribution network enhancing the customer base
4. Bank having a customer base of 11 million worldwide
KBC Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the KBC Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in non – performing loans and bad debts affecting the performance of the bank 2. Decrease in EPS will give a negative signal to share holders 3. Systematic risk higher than the industry and sector scores indicates the intensity of riskiness and volatility
KBC Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in KBC Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. High opportunity to expand in Western Europe through acquisitions 2. High opportunity to grow in wealth management area and asset management area
KBC Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of KBC Bank are as mentioned:
1. Slowing investments in Europe affecting the bank 2.Regulatory changes in European Union can affect the performance of the banks
KBC Bank Competition
KBC Bank Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of KBC Bank:
1. AXA bank 2. Dexia N.V 3.Banka Monte Paschi Belgio
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to KBC Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute