Kasikornbank SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Kasikornbank, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kasikornbank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Kasikornbank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Kasikornbank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Kasikornbank SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Kasikornbank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Kasikornbank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kasikornbank :
1. Healthy network: The Bank operates over 800 branches across the country, comprising nearly300 Bangkok Metropolitan branches and 530 upcountry branches
2. Leveraging Information and Communication technology: Offering the world’s first secured system of payment via mobile phone
3. Value chain solution: Thailand’s first financial solution that takes care of customers’ businesses all along entire value chains, from upstream to downstream
4. Strong initiator: The first Thai bank to extend the service hours for currency trading and treasury
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Kasikornbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Volatile financial market puts pressure on profit margin
2. Limited geographic presence: Absence in Europe, Australia, Latin America and other networks
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Kasikornbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Organic growth through introduction of more financial instruments.
2. Inorganic growth through mergers and partnerships.
3. Emerging economy can help get bank get foreign investors.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kasikornbank are as mentioned:
1. Contagion effect due to ongoing Eurozone crisis.
2. Prone to government and legal interventions.
3.Intensifying competition from global players.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Kasikornbank:
2.Standard Chartered Bank(Thai)
4.United Overseas Bank (Thai)
5. Bank of Ayudhya
Hence this concludes the Kasikornbank SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Kasikornbank Public Company Limited
Towards Service Excellence
Strive to develop organization and offer financial product initiatives plus excellent service
Individuals and enterprises
Individuals and enterprises looking for retail banking
Bank specializing in consumer, commercial, and corporate banking services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kasikornbank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us