United Overseas Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of United Overseas Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In United Overseas Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like United Overseas Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. United Overseas Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the United Overseas Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top United Overseas Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
United Overseas Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
A bank providing a range of financial services, including
personal financial services, private banking, commercial and corporate banking, investment banking, corporate finance, capital market activities, treasury services, futures broking, asset management,
venture capital management, insurance and stock broking services
United Overseas Bank STP
Group Retail (Individual & Small Enterprises), Group Wholesale (Medium & Large Enterprises), Global Markets and Investment Management (GMIM)
Individuals, Small, medium & large enterprise looking for diverse financial solutions
A Premier Bank in the Asia-Pacific region, committed to providing Quality Products and Excellent Customer Service
SWOT Analysis of United Overseas Bank
United Overseas Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of United Overseas Bank:
1. A well-established regional presence, particularly in Asia 2. Well diversified product portfolio trimming down business risk 3. Strong capital position and a stable 10,000+ workforce 4. Rated as Best Wealth Management Bank by The Asian Banker
5. Has its presence at 500 locations in approx 20 countries
United Overseas Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the United Overseas Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Low profitability of GMIM division 2. Inefficiency in expense management affects profits
United Overseas Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in United Overseas Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in retail savings and investments in Asia pacific region 2. Investment in fast growing economies likely to increase market share and profitability
United Overseas Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of United Overseas Bank are as mentioned:
1. Weak outlook for Singapore's economy 2. Low interest rate environment could continue to affect core earnings 3. Competition for retail deposits likely to increase funding costs
United Overseas Bank Competition
United Overseas Bank Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of United Overseas Bank:
1. Bank of China Limited 2. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. Ltd. 3. DBS Group Holdings Ltd.
4. Standard Chartered PLC
5. HSBC Holdings PLC
6. Hong Leong Finance Limited
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to United Overseas Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute