Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of KeyBank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In KeyBank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like KeyBank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. KeyBank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the KeyBank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the KeyBank SWOT Analysis:
For KeyBank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of KeyBank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of KeyBank :
1. Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $90 billion
2. Leading regional presence helps withstand competitive pressures, community Banking in 14 states; Corporate Banking (offices) across the U.S.
3. Amidst a weak economic environment, the group has undertaken several initiatives to enhance its capital strength.
4. Improving asset quality
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the KeyBank SWOT Analysis:
1. Inability to curb declining capital efficiency, volatile returns with negative bias reflect the group's inability to deploy its capital in profitable avenues and indicate the need for improving operating efficiency
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in KeyBank SWOT Analysis:
1. The US commercial banking sector expansion provides scope for profitable growth
2. KeyCorp has taken several organic and inorganic initiatives in the recent past that are likely to turnout beneficial for the organization.
3. KeyCorp has invested significant resources on technology to improve its operating performance, this Investment in technology likely to improve operating efficiencies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of KeyBank are as mentioned:
1. Increasing regulatory challenges- Financial institutions in the US and other regions have been facing increasing regulatory challenges.
2. Weakening outlook for global economic growth
3. The US economy remains vulnerable as the economic recovery is slow
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of KeyBank:
One of the USA's largest diversified financial services organization
Individuals and small businesses, corporations and government entities looking for wealth and asset management, and corporate finance
Companies and Government entities, and leading Turnkey Asset Management Program and processing businesses
Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to KeyBank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute