Regions Financial SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Regions Financial analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Regions Financial SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Regions Financial to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Regions Financial is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Regions Financial SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Regions Financial competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Focused on delivering a wide variety of services that meets the customer needs and offering them at a fair price
Regions Financial STP
Segments the market into 3 parts: personal, commercial and investment segments
Targets the commercial and investment segments
Creating shared value- when the customers win, the bank wins
SWOT Analysis of Regions Financial
Regions Financial Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Regions Financial:
1. Regions Financial has approximately 2000+ ATMs and 1,700 banking offices thereby providing quick services to people.
2. In an industrywide stress test conducted by the Federal Reserve, and Regions Financial ranked fifth of the 19 banks in its Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review.
3. Money obtained from the sale of Morgan Keegan gave an opportunity to focus more on the fundamentals of the core business.
4. The company has been successful in improving deposit mix and lowering its overall deposit cost.
Regions Financial Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Regions Financial SWOT Analysis:
1. Its operations are concentrated only in a few states in the US. The company operates in just 16 states of the 50 states in the US which increases the risk due to the events that affect the local state economies.
2. The company experienced a decline in the non-interest income due to the decline in the service charges on the deposit accounts, capital markets and investment income.
Regions Financial Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Regions Financial SWOT Analysis:
1. The company re-entered the credit card segment with the purchase of credit card portfolio from FIA Card Services. It can capitalize on this segment and increase the customer base.
2. Regions Bank's primary business provides commercial and retail banking services to its customers throughout its presence in the US and with the growing US banking sector, it can improve its top line services.
3. The company can increase its presence in the global markets by acquiring regional banks. In line with this strategy, the company acquired the deposits of two failing banks, Integrity Bank and FirstBank Financial Services.
Regions Financial Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Regions Financial are as mentioned:
1. Business performance of financial services companies such as Regions Financial change dramatically with the modifications in regulatory and legislative actions and reforms such as the recent additions in the Dodd-Frank act.
2. Illegal online activities are on the rise and this poses a major threat to not just the customers but to Regions financial as well as it offers a vast variety of internet based services to its clients.
3. Due to its concentration in the US region, it is affected to the uncertainties in the US market
Regions Financial Competition
Regions Financial Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Regions Financial:
1. Bank of America Corporation
2. Citigroup Inc.
3. JP Morgan Chase & Co
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Regions Financial. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute