Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Allstate Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Allstate Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Allstate Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Allstate Corporation is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Allstate Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Allstate Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Large reach and extensive distribution network with accurately priced and cross sold products that enhance brand loyalty and customer retention
Allstate Corporation STP
Property and Casualty Insurance, Life & retirement insurance, investment products
Individual & Institutional investors, Individuals
An insurance company that has commitment to the community, with continuous learning and improvement
SWOT Analysis of Allstate Corporation
Allstate Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Allstate Corporation:
1. Allstate has a strong market position reaching 16 million households in US through over 12000 exclusive Allstate agencies.
2. One of the largest property and casualty insurer in the US
3. The company has developed a proprietary database of underwriting and pricing which helps the company to price risks and cross sell products effectively
4. Diversified product portfolio and a multiple distribution channel
5. Experts in auto, home, business insurances alongwith investment and retirement services
6. More than 35000 people work for the organisation
Allstate Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Allstate Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. The company is subjected to changes in investment income due to exposure to residential mortgage backed securities.
2. The company is concentrated in the US, hence increasing the business risk due to lack of international presence
3. The company has been showing deteriorating operating expenses which is a concern
Allstate Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Allstate Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. There is an opportunity of increase in revenues owing to the growth in the global property and casualty insurance market.
2. There is an expected synergy in the acquisition made by Allstate of a direct channel auto insurer in terms of increase in market share.
3. The company has planned an organic growth initiative which is expected to increase its hold in the US market.
Allstate Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Allstate Corporation are as mentioned:
1. US market is witnessing intense competition in this segment.
2. There has also been an increase in the fraudulent activities in the insurance industry.
3. Major climate changes are likely going to occur and such catastrophic events are going to affect the property and casualty insurers.
Allstate Corporation Competition
Allstate Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Allstate Corporation:
1. Allianz AG
2. American Financial Group
3. American International Group, Inc.
4. Loews Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Allstate Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute