Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
ADCB is a market leader across core business lines and is a provider of Islamic Non-Interest Banking
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB STP
Personal, Business and Islamic Banking
Individuals, Small, medium & large enterprise looking for diverse financial solutions
One of the United Arab Emirates’ largest full-service retail and commercial banks today
SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB:
1. ADCB is one of the largest in the UAE in terms of shareholder funds and market capitalization.
2. First Bank to implement the Abshar Emiratisation Program
3. It serves over 465,000 retail customers and approximately 37,000 corporate and SME clients and it operates through its network of 40+ full service branches
4. It has its presence in the UAE and India and UK
5. It provides retail, commercial, investment, brokerage etc financial services
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT Analysis:
1. Internal capital generation remains weak and Competition weighed on profit margins
2. Regulators' decision to encourage banks to make large provisions for loan losses in the third quarter as a precaution affecting the operating income
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong economic growth may provide a general boost to profits 2. One is that loan loss provisions tapered off last quarter as regulators apparently became satisfied with the banks' precautions. Now that the precautions have been taken, banks may be freer to offer more loans in the relatively risky but lucrative consumer sector 3. Focus on continuing growth to benefit from the government's spending drive
4. Potential growth from profitable segments, including Islamic banking and mortgage financing
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB are as mentioned:
1. Mature markets are competitive. In order for ADCB to grow in a mature market, it has to increase market share, which is difficult and expensive 2. The lending environment in Saudi Arabia intensely competitive between a small number of local banks, and means that while banks will be able to book new assets, margins will be tight
3. Global demand for goods produced by emerging market manufacturers continued to weaken
4. The high risk associated with capital market and real estate exposure
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Competition
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB:
1. Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
2. Invest Bank
3. Mashreqbank psc
4. Union National Bank
5. Dubai Islamic Bank P.J.S.C.
6. National Bank of Fujairah
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank ADCB. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute